Teaching Practice Phase 2: Day 36

Today marked the end of the second phase school internship. I could successfully complete the portions assigned to me by Maja ma'am for 8f learners. The students gave an informal farewell for me to my surprise. I along with my fellow trainees  who engaged 8 8f were invited to the class during the 6th period. The pupils had taken effort to scribble on the blackboard all our so called hackneyed dialogues and topics which we taught in the class. Even some of the discourses I gave in the class like movie poster making, news report writing and travel agency flyer were written and highlighted on the board. I collected personal feedbacks from the learners. 

Most of them opined that they enjoyed all the class activities given. Some opined that they could understand the target language-use in the class only to a certain degree. Kaveri requested me not to give learners judgmental look when the answers they utter happen to be wrong and I clearly understood what she meant. My smile and energy level in the class were appreciated by some. After taking feedback from the pupils themselves, Maja ma'am filled the evaluation sheet I had given her, since she herself had never observed my class. Despite getting an 'excellent'  feedback, I felt I have a long way to go in becoming an excellent teacher.

Owing to constant insistence from the learners,  I performed a dance number for them along with my fellow trainers Keerthana and Veena. Performing before the learners was also a noble experience for me. Ivwas grateful to all my students  for cooperating with me and making me enjoy the teaching process.  Some even showed the courtesy of giving me material gifts before parting. I wished to continue there as their English teacher. So do the pupils.  Many of them asked me to procure a teaching job as soon as possible and join GGHSS Manacaud as a permanent faculty. Of course I took it as a motivation to try for the same. As I stepped out of the threshold of the school, I felt myself experiment more confident as a teacher trainee who open had grand a great start election for teaching dance to the smallest bird of experiences i gained during the I internship.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching Practice Phase 2: Day 7

Teaching Practice Phase 2: Day 4

Teaching Practice Phase 2:Day 18