Teaching Practice Phase 2: Day 31

I had substitution duty in 7b during the second period but Gayatri Mahima exchanged it with me so that I could engage 8f students. I continued with the lesson 'The Little Round Red House' and gave the learners an interesting  discourse on making travel agency flyers promoting a travel package including at trip and exploration to find the little round red house. They worked in groups to come up with colourful and interesting flyers. Chart papers were distributed to the students and they made use of colouring materials they brought as enjoined in the previous class. 
I had a regular period at 8f from 11: 50 am To 12: 30 pm. I could complete one more lesson plan with the help of PowerPoint slides prepared during the third period. I gave a simple activity this time to the students- to think about and write down the other strategies the boy in the story could use to find the little round red house without asking the passer-bys  like the mail carrier or police officer. They came up with strategies like using a map of the town to search for the house, looking through local books for any mention of the house, creating social media post asking for clues,  pin notice on community board, calling local radio station to share his quest and so on. 
During the 7th period I took a substitution at 6C class. They were having their PE period then. So I made them go to the ground and play. We did not have discipline duty today. I utilise  the free hours to complete my achievement test report. After leaving the school we went to our college to collect back the works submitted to Rosh sir.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching Practice Phase 2: Day 7

Teaching Practice Phase 2: Day 4

Teaching Practice Phase 2:Day 18