Teaching Practice Phase 2: Day 17

I had a regular class at 8f during the fourth period. I started with the lesson 'A Shipwrecked Sailor' and completed till the point where Velasco sees the raft. I made use of images and video in PowerPoint slides displayed using a laptop. Since the white screen was broken there was no way I could use the projector. The back benchers had to see the video while standing near to their seats. I could successfully divulge the meaning of difficult words using the slides. I could only make the pupils do a textual fill- in-the-blanks exercise related to the passage dealt with today. Many learners demanded for out-of-the-text group activities like the ones I had given before. I told them the difficulty for finding discourses related to the topic. I assured them that after completing the lesson, I would dedicate an entire class for doing activities based on 'A Shipwrecked Sailor'. I felt happy to learn that the people enjoy the activities and discourses they are asked to do in the class. I got three substitution periods today: one in 5A class and two in 6D class. I could manage both these classes well. Surprised at the unexpected tripling, I , Veena and Gayathri captured the same through lenses. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Jolly Hollies 2022

Poster Making Competition in association with World Human Rights Day.

Teaching Practice Phase 2: Day 36