Teaching Practice Phase 2: Day 8

I started with the next lesson 'The Boy Who Drew Cats ' for 8F class during the second period.  I seldom expected the learners to list the characteristic features of folk tales. I began with the experimental study regarding the effectiveness of timed repeated reading strategy in improving the pupils' reading fluency. I made use of fluency protocol and standardized rubric for collecting data.  I thought time would be inadequate to collect data from students,  one from experimental group and one from control group in the course of a period. However I got enough time for the intervention and post-test. I felt that I myself should take care of the prosody while reading and that I can better it. The learners worked well in groups to create dialogues for conversation. I realised that small group discussions are more effective than just dividing the class into four broad groups as done earlier. Most of the groups excelled in the style and language of writing with originality of dialogues and grammatical accuracy. They also presented the written conversation before the class.



We were in charge of mid-day meal serving today. After fulfilling the duty and savouring our lunch, we went on with our internship works. In the afternoon a drawing competition was held for the learners in association with reading week celebration. Observing international yoga day, learners were made to do some yogasanas with mats laid out in the school auditorium. During the last period,  I got  substitution in 8A class. I interacted casually with the students there who were from Malayalam medium.  There were only fourteen students in the class. They shouted in ecstasy when they learnt that Saturday will be a holiday. 😁

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching Practice Phase 2: Day 7

Teaching Practice Phase 2: Day 4