Teaching Practice: Phase 1: Day 21

I could complete the poem 'On Killing a Tree' in 9F class today as I engaged two periods for them.I started off the poem with an animation video related to the topic of deforestation and to the interdependence of man and nature. I thought the video per se was interesting to the learners.  I also displayed a still model on a man cutting down trees. They actively engaged in class discussion about deforestation, something unusual in their class. Class management was easy, compared to the earlier periods I took for 9F. 

I took a repeat period for 9H class in the morning and made the learners do the activities and exercises given at the back of the lesson 'The Jungle Air Crash'.  Though I explained each and every activity and asked the learners to attempt them on their own, most of the pupils remained indifferent to the teacher's instructions. So I had to dictate the answers of the activities and made the pupils write them down in their notebooks.  In 8E class, I made the learners do activities on synonyms and sentence correction. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Jolly Hollies 2022

Poster Making Competition in association with World Human Rights Day.

Teaching Practice Phase 2: Day 36